Sometimes on vacation, the weather doesn’t agree with what we want to do. Suppose you find yourself in this situation, raining when vacationing near Lake Sinclair or Oconee with St. James Vacation Homes in Georgia. In that case, you’ll be relieved to know that your vacation is not in danger because there are many different and fun things to do when it is raining in Georgia.
- Stop by the Uncle Remus Museum in Eatonton: This museum highlights the works of Joel Chandler Harris, who wrote the Uncle Remus stories. Here you can see memorabilia and learn more about Harris.
- Visit the Georgia Writers Museum: Another museum is the Georgia Writers Museum. It features exhibits and programs on famous Georgia writers, including Alice Walker and Flannery O’Connor.
- Admire the arts at The Plaza Arts Center: You’ll find terrific entertainment and live shows here. You can buy tickets to stage shows like musicals or listen to local bands perform.
- Browse the Lake Oconee Antique Mall: Those interested in history and antiques will love this place. It sells antiques, collectibles, books, records, clothes, jewelry, souvenirs, and more.
- Enjoy your vacation home: Maybe you just want to stay in when it rains. Bring board games, watch TV, or get some much-needed rest by napping in comfy beds in our vacation homes. Take a look inside our rentals on our website.
Find The Fun In Georgia When It Rains
When it’s raining in Georgia, it’s not a reason to be down. You can find plenty of excitement in and near your vacation rental with St. James Vacation Homes. Check out our vacation rental properties on Lake Oconee and Lake Sinclair. Contact us at 706-817-3828 or book your vacation rental property on our website.